All nuts are good for us, but walnuts may be one of the healthiest!
In this recipe, walnuts are the star of the show. Make sure your walnuts are perfectly fresh for this recipe.
- 1 cup fresh raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the nuts in cold water for eight hours or overnight.
2. Drain the nuts well in the morning.
3. Put the onion, garlic, and parsley in a food processor and buzz it up until finely minced.
4. Add the walnuts, tamari and lemon juice and process until quite smooth.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- This walnut pâté pairs well with raw veggies such as celery and carrots, or as a breakfast, spread on 100% rye crackers, topped with thin slices of cucumber or tomato.