Give your pesto a nutritional kick with kale! 🍝 Pumpkin Seed Butter replaces pine nuts in this modern take on traditional pesto.
- 2 cups kale, loosely packed (½ bunch or 4–6 stems of kale)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Nuts to You Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup basil, loosely packed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a medium stock pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Remove centre stems from kale and discard. Tear leaves into medium-sized pieces. Blanch kale in the boiling water for 30 seconds until bright green. Place in a colander to drain.
- In a blender, combine olive oil, Pumpkin Seed Butter and lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients, including kale. Blend on high speed until pesto is bright green and only small flecks of kale remain, about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dollop pesto onto your favourite pasta.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.