Turmeric is a rhizome that is part of the ginger family. Its Chinese name literally means “yellow ginger.” As one of nature’s most revered botanticals, it has been used for centuries as a food preservative, a coloring agent, a culinary flavor and as an important anti-inflammatory herbal remedy in Ayurvedic Medicine. It has also been used as a natural dye and as a popular cosmetic in India and Asia for healthy, glowing skin. This tri-doshic balancing herb supports many systems of the body. According to the energetic principles of Ayurveda, Turmeric is pungent, bitter and astringent in the Rasa taste energy, heating in action according to Virya and balancing for Vata, Pitta and Kapha constitutional doshas, with a tendency to increase Vata and Pitta. It is considered a wonderful daily herb to support general well-being, vitality and health.
- Turmeric tea/ tea latte, also known as golden milk
- Turmeric broth if you’re feeling savory
- Use it to enhance your favourite curry recipe
- Turmeric roasted chicken and cauliflower
- Add ½ tsp to your favourite face mask recipe to reduce inflammation
Certified Organic Turmeric Powder